Pork Butt, Bom chicka wow wow

Pork Butt, Bom chicka wow wow

food slideshow - be careful, some pics maybe xxx rated!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

myspace blog: the ultimate in laziness

I'm copying and pasting the myspace blog because I know I've not posted anything in 10 days. We have been having internet/modem issues, so my time on the internet is random. Wish I could say I was spending all my time paying those bills.

So we had our show on Friday. Finally - that was the third attempt at a Friday night show at SDSC. To recap, the first was cancelled due to a noise complaint. (They hadn't even heard us yet!) The second was cancelled due to drummer's nerves/hating me (I can be a real c@nt). So, the third show, no complaint, everyone showed up, no car accident, nothing. We get there, and they tell us that some fancy "touring Australian band" is also playing. So that made for 4 bands on the bill, thus, moving our set up earlier by 30 minutes, and cutting sets by 15 minutes. We played a crazy mixed up set with instrument changes after every song : human error, hey girl, cloudy days, the longest day, titan wars, and always sometims. There were resulting sound issues, but I guess it was a good show from what the audience (our regular fans - Kaley, Sarah, Jordan, Brad, Amy - plus a few others) told us. It sucked though, because some girls from my job tried to make it, but they missed us. Anyway, we got hammered afterward. Even Dave.
Saturday morning, Mike and I got up and ate Super Cocina for breakfast, after about 5 hours of sleep. Then we took a nap. We woke up and had to do major cleaning for our house guests - The Race. That's the band that Fredo is touring with now, with Craig and Jeremy. So we cleaned with about 2 hours to spare. We drank some sake while we waited for them. Then they showed up, they drank some sake, then we went to dinner. We went to Pomegranate - a Rusky restaurant on El Cajon Blvd. (Not cajun, cajon) We had 13 big beers between 5 of us.
Fredo was very interested in Gilly's next door because there was karaoke. But first we met Amy and Andrew at the Red Fox room across the street. I think we were all hitting the liquor at that point. Then we went over to Gilly's. Sarah and Jordan met us. I think I had a conversation with them, but I don't remember. It was like a frat party. Everyone was all very serious about their karaoke. When the MC did a song Jeremy and Craig snuck in joined in with him. Fredo did a Prince song later, but we were all so wasted, I really don't remember which one it was.
So we went home and drank the rest of the sake and some beer. Mike thinks we went to bed at 4.
The next morning, after 5 -6 hours of sleep, Mike and I got up and went to the grocery. We cooked Mexican breakfast for those guys. Salsa rojo and salsa verde that was very hot, guacamole and chips, potato and corn hash with a little Tony's, rice and pinto beans, eggs, fresh tortillas, fruit and some shrimp sauteed with a little salsa. They said it was good, but I was so fucked up I couldn't eat. So then Mike had to go to work. So we went to the beach. I actually went in the water, which I never do, it's always too cold. But, I had to pee...
So we went back, took showers, Mike came home, then the band left to go to the venue, Che Cafe, which is kinda out of the way in La Jolla on UCSD campus. At this point, I felt the worst I've felt in ages. Mike and I got lost, of course. The place doesn't serve alcohol, or any type of beverage for shows. So we brought a12 pack that we kept in the back. Sarah and Jordan, Kaley and Adam, and Amy and Andrew all showed up right before the Race went on. (Yes, we are all couples - cute, isn't it) They were great, but of course they didn't think so. They had sound issues with the ipod, Craig broke a string, but you know, they're professionals.
The other band after them was good too - Limbic System - I think. One guy looks like Jack May. Anyway, I had about 4-5 hours of sleep that night. Partially because Mike was snoring.
I woke up on time and made it to work on time, amazingly. It was slow, luckily, so we just caught up from the weekend all day. The guys went to Mission Beach, so I met them there after work. I went in the water again! Two records in one weekend. Mike went in twice that day, so four records. It's unusually warm though. Like maybe 10-20 degrees more than usual. There's lots of jellyfish around. No one got stung though. Thankfully, because I think everyone was too dehydrated to pee.
So we went back home, and Mike and I cooked (heated up) spaghetti and meatballs and salad and garlic bread. We didn't really heat up the salad. Anyway, it was the perfect pick me up before the guys had to hop in the van and head to LA. (I'm being sarcastic). We were tired, but we were sad to see them go. We had so much fun!
There's some new pictures up, thanks to Jordan for taking the pictures on Friday night. I hope I don't have to pay royalties for those when we become a household name.

Currently listening : Ice Station By The Race Release date: 15 May, 2007
4:18 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit -


No comments: