apology

Wow! I really feel bad. I just got an anonymous comment about a past post. I guess my comments about Ritual Tavern sound really negative, now that I have reread it. The thing is, that I like the place, so maybe I scrutinize everything more than I would if I didn't expect so much out of the place. Well, I have to say that I am a very negative person. I'm not really apologizing for that, because I try to change my outlook, but with lack of some kind of mood altering drugs, I really am just me. I don't like myself.

Anyway, I wrote about how I hoped that the place wouldn't go under, and that sounds really negative. That's just the way I think. My first thought about new restaurants is how much money do they have to run if no one comes in. I have seen many really good places close despite good food, good service, good atmosphere, good location. Every independent restaurant I have worked at has had a slow period, and the owner would express concern about keeping the place running during that time. Maybe they were just thinking out loud, but not really running as much in the red as I assumed at those times. Maybe they were.

So I'm not sure if this is an apology, but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm sure I will, though

Comments