cold dinner

So it was still hot yesterday, and I wanted to cook, but with minimal usage of the stove. I didn't want to resort to microwave cookery or anything that extreme though. So I looked around in the kitchen and I found buckwheat soba noodles and the cilantro chili like vinaigrette leftover from 2 weeks ago, half a sweet onion and some limes. So I went to the store and bought that same chuck steak, roma tomatoes, cucumbers, button mushrooms, sunflower seeds and I think that was it. The vinaigrette had mellowed, so I added some white vinegar. I boiled the soba noodles, then tossed them with the rest of the vinaigrette. I added extra oil so they wouldn't clump together, and I tossed them around every once in a while to help them cool. Then I thin sliced - thin thin thin - cucumber, tomato and onion, and I sliced the mushrooms not so thin. I mixed all this in the noodles, then I put it in the fridge to cool. So right before the food pimp got home I seared the beef and sliced it. I served it on top of the cold noodles with extra soy sauce, lime juice and sunflower seeds. I have to say, it was pretty fuckin good!

Right now the Food Pimp is cooking up some shrimp creole - it's slightly cooler today. I'm sure it will be delicious.

Comments