Time to eat healthier

That's what I was thinking last night when I was trying to decide what to cook. I saw that we had ginger and lime, two of my favorite flavors, so, I thought I'd go crazy and cook something asiany. I went to the store and found those pork shoulder steaks for 99 cents/#, so I got those, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, onion,and sweet potatoes and calrose rice. I diced and sliced everything, and I knew it wasn't healthy. Oh well. So I tried to sear the pork, but I crowded the pot, so I really steamed it. I took it out and fried the ginger and garlic in sesame oil till they started browning. Then I added the onion, carrot and sweet potato. I let those get soft, then added the cabbage and mushrooms and the pork juice, covered it and stewed. I added soy sauce, ponzo, coconut vinegar, and the pork. When we ate it, we put the rice in the bottom of the bowl, of course. Then I ladled in the stew, and I garnished with mint and lime. Okay, so I'm really good at turning healthy veggies into something unhealthy, yet very tasty.

Comments