Super Sunday

Super Cocina Sunday Morning. Yep. We hadn't had it in a while. Very delicioso as always. the FP got the spicy pork stew and the pork adobo stew. The spicy pork is always on the short far side of the case, in case you go there. It's in the middle, I think in a full pan. It's pretty spicy. If you are dehydrated before you eat this, make sure you are close to clean facilities the hour after you eat. I'm just saying... I got the pork adobo stew and the oaxcan style eggs. The pork adobo. The guy gave us a nugget of pork to taste. Smoky, a little sweet, a little spicy, maybe a hint of bitter - reminds me of myself when I used to smoke cigarettes. ha ha ha. The eggs are always so good. It's like a nice tomatoey broth with cilantro and avocado, and the eggs are scrambled in it and it's nice and fluffy eggs that soak up the broth. These are great for hangovers. And we had diet coke. You know, I barely ever drink diet coke these days, and it's really good. Especially when one is hungover and thirsty and it is carbonated properly. When you get fountain drinks, it's always tricky. You know, if you've worked somewhere with a fountain or a soda gun and when the co2 tank is running low no one wants to change it because it's usually busy at the time so everyone waits for everyone else to change it? I mean, I've never done that.....

American Tacos.
There's a place in New Orleans called Taqueria Corona. The FP used to think it was the best Mexican food ever. He'd never been anywhere with good mexican food, of course. Anyway, on the taco menu, American tacos were the ones with crispy shells, ground beef, shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa and guacamole. So that's what we had for dinner. We didn't get the Old El Paso taco shells though. Some other probably lesser quality brand. I have to say. After eating freshly made tortillas all the time, those boxed things suck. I remember I loved taco dinner as a kid. The tortillas just taste like corn flavored cardboard. But the ground beef was good. No taco seasoning packet here. Just cumin, ground arbol, paprika, salt, fresh ground pepper and soy sauce. Yeah, I know, do I put soy sauce in everything? Well, almost... And the guacamole was good. Lime juice, cilantro, salt and 2 $1.50 avocadoes. That was cause we were lazy and went to Albertson's. The salsa was the hot La Salsa Chileana brand. It's really good. I know, I write about it a lot. I was disappointed because I dozed off early in the evening. Probably after I ate. I do that. That seems to be a guy thing. I'm kinda like a dude, anyway. So I woke up and wanted some chips and guac. Yeah, guac. I'm getting lazy. It's New Year's Eve and I have to muster up the energy to go out and face all the amateurs and be nice to them. Anyway, I saw the empty bowl of GUAC on the floor near the FP's spot in our nest. (we lay out sleeping bags against the couch in front of the tv. Doesn't everyone do that?) So no more guac for me. I didn't need it anyway.

Comments