red eye - loosely related to food, but in a bad way

I have an eye infection. I got to work yesterday, and my right eye hurt so much, that I had to buy saline solution. I was too tight to buy a contact case when I have about 10 of them at home. So I used a 2 oz portion cup to put the contact in. It was horrible though. I really didn't get much work done, and I thought I was going to keel over a couple of times because my equilibrium was all messed up. Anyway, the FP was nice enough to bring me my glasses halfway through my shift, but the pain and nausea and thirst were terrible.

So after work I had to break down and go to the optometrist. I was scared to go to Lenscrafters because I went there over a year ago. The optometrist had referred me to an opthamologist because I had some weird football shaped light thing in my eye that she couldn't identify. I never went to the opthamologist. So I didn't want them to ask me about that. So I went to Costco. I thought I was going to vomit, so I went to the bathroom twice, but nothing came out. I saw the optometrist, then we had to wait for my prescription, so we went acrost the shopping center to eat.

As we were walking, I felt it coming up. I threw up in the bushes. Thank god it was just water mixed with the yellow eyedrops the optometrist put in my eyes to stain them so she could look at my eyeballs better. Then we walked to the mexican restaurant. I'm not sure what I ordered, some carne asada and guacamole burrito. The FP got barbacoa burrito or some meat, but he ordered it wet. That means it had sauce and cheese on top. It looked delicious. I couldn't really eat. I dug through my burrito eating whatever I stabbed with my fork. I only forced it down because all I had eaten before that was a piece of buttered multigrain bread and 3 ounces of tomato basil soup. So even though I had just thrown up in the parking lot, I ate. But not with pleasure.

Today I feel way better, but this typing makes me a little dizzy. Anyway, tomorrow I should be way better, so I'll write one of those real long blogs about happiness and eating and drinking, or whatever.....

Comments