Chicken Soba Noodles

So one night it was hot. I didn't want no hot food, so I made cold dinner. I know that is kinda weird and unamerican, but I guess I don't have an american flag flying outside my front door either. So here's the recipe

Chicken Soba Noodle Salad

1.5 # chicken thighs, sliced, love them thighs!
3 oz soy sauce
4 oz nuoc mam

3 little bundles soba noodles
veggie oil
4 oz soy sauce
1 oz sesame oil

1 bunch green onions sliced, or scallions if you prefer
2 carrots shaved or peeled, some nice thin cut
1/2 head cabbage, shredded
1 cucumber, peeled if the you like, and sliced thin


So, what you do is really simple. he he he (Rachel Ray laugh, I'm being sarcastic btw) You put a pan on, get it hot and put a little oil in. Sear the chicken, turn it and sear some more. Then you put in the first amount of soy sauce and nuoc mam. Then you cover it and turn the heat down and let it steam in the yummy asian flavors. When the chicken's cooked, then you take it off the heat. How long you ask? I don't know. How thin did you slice the meat? If it's big hunks, it will take much longer than if it's nice little thin strips. When you don't see raw flesh, then it's done. I can't hold your hand through every single process. If so, you should just give me your address and I'll come over and cook for you in your home for a small fee.

So then you cook the soba noodles. Bring water to a boil, boil the noodles till tender. Drain them. Run a little cold water on them. Then toss them with the veggie oil, soy sauce and sesame oil.

So you want to let everything cool off for a while, unless you want it warm. In that case, go ahead and throw everything together and consume. If you want, garnish with some nice peanut. Cold or room temperature dinner can be just as satisfying as hot food. Trust me.

Comments