sick

So, I feel like I am sick about every 2 - 6 weeks. I think I felt shittier back in New Orleans because of my lifestyle, the climate, and all the allergies floating around there. On Monday it was so hot in the apartment that we slept with every window open including the sliding glass door. The cats loved that, they kept going out on the balcony all night. Sometime in the night it turned cold, and I got some kind of respiratory infection. You know the kind where you feel like you have a brillo pad stuffed down your throat? Does anyone else get that or is it just me?

Anyway, yesterday was hopefully the worst. I was the sickest I've been in years. I had a fever from 1:30 pm to at least 11:49 pm when we went to bed. Here's what I ate while laying around being sick:

lamb vindaloo - yeah, I know this is weird, but the Food Pimp made it while I was at work so I had a small bowl of it when I got home. It was really good, but we'll discuss that in a later blog.

progresso chicken noodle and some kind of vegetable barley soup or something - the Food Pimp went to the store and came home and heated it up, so I didn't even bother to ask what it was

1 popsicle brand twist pop - blue raspberry flavor, I've been dehydrated for 3 days now, and this was very quenching for the 10 minutes it took me to eat it.

1/3 a box of plain wheat thins. I few months ago when I was sick I started buying the ranch flavored wheat thins because they were on sale, and I got addicted. Of course these plain ones are boring, but they are really salty so I guess my body craves them

1 klondike brand "drumstick" with fudge center - I didn't think I should have this, but the FP was eating one and it looked so good. I think it was really good, but the fudge center in these tastes weird to me - it's the fake stuff in in. I love the chocolate lodged down in the bottom of the cone though

1 lime dreyers fruit bar - this was also refreshing, but I almost think I liked the popsicle brand bar better because the flavor seemed to be not as intense. I have that disorder where my tastebuds are all out of wack, so I taste sour flavors more intensely than any other flavor.

Not very healthy at all, but when I'm sick that's how it eat - kinda same as I eat when I'm hungover except way less food and not the soup.

Comments