Neglect

I know I've been neglecting the blog. I just haven't felt it lately - I've been kinda busy, maybe I'll write about it later...not yet though.

So here's a funny little tidbit. Because I work in the service industry, I see a lot of special requests. Picky, picky people - like they want their food separate, not touching, wanting chicken deboned, whatever. So a few weeks ago, I got a very silly request. We have this "fisherman's platter" at work. It's just a bagel, lox, cream cheese, onion, tomato and capers laid out on a plate. So we toast the bagel halves and put it on the plate - closed, like the way a bagel looks. So someone ordered it, separated face up. They wanted both halves turned so that the inside is facing up. Really. How hard is it to flip one half? I mean, you still have to put the cream cheese and other crap on it too.................

Comments