random

So the last recipe that I wrote in my notebook that I haven't blogged about was goat! That was a long time ago, and I can't believe I didn't write about it yet. It was probably the week after we ate at Birria. We were at Pancho's shopping for the Food Pimp's cooking class. We were looking at the carne section for dinner, and there it gleamed! Goat meat! I know most people would not be turned on by this, but I think I was.

So when we went home, I contemplated how to cook this goat. It's summer, so I didn't want to make a stew. I wanted to cook it lightly. Okay, that sounds like an oxymoron, but you know what I mean right. Goat has so much flavor, it doesn't need to be weighted down with lots of other stuff - although that can be delicious.

So I looked up birria on the nets, just to see what up with that. You make a chili paste and a dry rub and marinate the meat overnight, then you cook it in a DO.

What's a DO? Don't you watch the Soup? A DO is a dutch oven. There is a cooking show called Dutch Oven cooking and the host is Cee Dub. Never heard of it? Then you must start watching the Soup. That is one of my favorite shows. The Food Pimp doesn't get jealous (so he says)but he seems to be a bit jealous of Joel McHale. Maybe because I said that if it weren't for the FP, I would have married Joel McHale. Although, I think there are a lot of ladies who want to marry Joel McHale. The funny thing is (funny queer) that if the Food Pimp were a tv personality, just as many ladies would want to marry him. He's very likeable. Something's wrong with him though, mentally to put up with my crazy self, you know...

Anyway, goat. Yummy.

The Food Ho Goes Goat Mad Recipe

3 # goat
4 ancho peppers
6 new mexico chiles
1 onion, sliced
2 T cumin
3 T coriander
salt
bay leaves
water

2 cans pinto beans
1 # cactus
1 onion, diced
1 T cumin
1 T coriander
salt
pepper


So for the goat you need to get a do. You should already have a do, but if you don't go out and get a do. Buy a do. Or borrow a do. Do whatever it takes to get a do. Then you put the peppers and onion and bay leaves in the do. Then cover them with water. Then you take your goat, and you rub him with cumin, coriander and salt. He will bleat. That means he likes it. Then you put the goat on top of the chiles. Then you put it on the stove. Turn the heat on high, bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low, cover the do, and let it cook.

For the beans, saute the onion, then add the cactus. Saute that for a few minutes, then add the beans, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Then taste it. If you like it, it's done. If it needs something else, throw it in.

So a few hours later, the goat will be done. The meat will be tender as a baby... well, as any kind of baby, because most babies are tender unless they are going through rigor mortis.

The goat will be falling off the bone. That is a good thing. You know how some people now say you don't want meat falling off the bone, like for BBQ. Well I don't agree. I like it falling off the bone. So there. I can eat what I want. I'm the Food Ho. Will work for food. Any kind of raunchy, flavorful, delectable food.

Comments