Catching up with the Food Ho Part2

So, there's still a few more meals from December....



This is linguine with clam sauce. Dried pasta, canned clams, nothing fancy. Yet it is so delicious every time the FP makes it! But it has quite a meaningful history for the Food Pimp and the Food Ho. This is the first thing the FP ever learned to cook in high school. I remember he made it for me one night in college. I don't think I'd ever had it, and I was very impressed. Linguine with clam sauce - how gourmet!!! My family didn't eat too much unasian noodle when I was a child. There was the once every couple of months vat of spaghetti with meat with some marinara. I say it that way, because there was always way too much meat for the amount of sauce. I don't know if that is a strictly Filipino thing, or if it applies to other moms from that time period. But I like my spaghetti with a much higher sauce to meat ratio nowadays.




Pork tamale from that Nely tamaleria and pupusaria place on 25th. This was on Christmas Eve day. We were at 7 - 11 for something, and the tamale cart was out, so we got a couple for a snack. These were not bad. Not great. Nicely flavored, the masa and the pork meat. Sometimes they are kind of bland. These were flavorful enough. But the tamales from El Salvadoreno have ruined me for any other tamales. And no, I don't do advertising for that place, although I would love to...





Pizza and salad from Luigi's. So this is interesting. We only have gone to Luigi's for lunch and then we order a few slices. This is the best pizza we've had in SD! We've gotten Bronx Pizza a few times - and I am not a fan. Maybe in the heyday they were amazing, but every time we've gotten it, there was too much cheese, not enough sauce, and the crust was not cooked enough - it was still a bit doughy and white.

So this pie we got from Luigi's was at night. We ordered, and when we picked it up a little while later, it was already waiting for us. So it was a bit on the room temperature side - not piping hot. Not quite so crispy, and the crust was limp. I love love love thin crust pizza, but I like it to not sog through from the toppings either. So this was a bit sogged, but after a few minutes in the oven it was better. So maybe Luigi's pizza is meant to be made then reheated before consuming. Anyway, it was very good. As for the salad - it's disappointing when places don't make their own dressing. It's so easy to make. Oh well. They really just focus on pizza there, which is fine, because they are the best!

So I think I have one or more installations before I can move on to January!

Comments