Buitoni Mushroom Agnolotti

So, being a Foodbuzzard (I don't know the official name for it) has it's perks. Sometimes you can sign up to get samples of products before they hit the markets. Then you forget, you get an unexpected rather large box waiting for you by your front door. In it is styrofoam insulation and 3-4 freezer packs, and a cold pack of pasta!

I got the wild mushroom agnolotti. It's like fancy shaped ravioli with cheeses and mushrooms.


This is a shitty picture. I opened the pack, threw the packaging away and then realized I didn't take a picture of it. Luckily it was still on top.

Here's the Buitoni description:

A blend of earthy mushrooms, including sweet, rustic portobellos and delicate criminis, creates an impeccable pairing with fresh-roasted garlic and imported grana padano and parmesan cheeses, wrapped inside thin layers of stone-ground semolina pasta.

Anyway, here's what they look like naked and cooked:



I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but it's not that exciting like other bloggers who made sauces and stuff. Me, I just wanted to taste the pasta, so I tossed it in extra virgin olive oil and shredded parmesan cheese. It was really damn good! The filling was balanced between mushroom and cheese, and it was hearty yet not too heavy. I would definitely eat this shit again. My only gripe is that the package says it's 2 servings. If that were the only thing I was having for dinner, I would eat the whole package by myself!

Comments

caninecologne said…
so you get free food samples huh!?

what the worst thing you ever ate from this service?
The Food Ho said…
So far I've only gotten 2 things. The other was Quaker Delights Oatmeal granola bars. The banana coconut macadamia bars. It sounds good, but it was way too bananay, not coconut macadamiay enough.