Homemade italiano!

So, last weekend... or was it the weekend before? I'm lost in time. Anyhoo, the Food Pimp said, let's make pasta. Which to any home cook, foodie, gourmand, chef, etc, is not a weird idea. Except for us. We have never in our almost 17 years together, ever made pasta at home. I confess, I'm not that experienced with it, and not that good. But the FP has been teaching cooking classes making pasta lately, so that's what he wanted. So we had linguini (or fettucini? I didn't measure the width) with meatballs. I made the meatballs, but they were with pork breakfast sausage and the tube o ground beef, and the sausage had too much... thyme in it. So, not my best work. But the FP made the tomato sauce too... very simple. And we had 2 cheap bottles o red whhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnne. Simple, yet nice evening. I can tell we're getting older, because years ago, we wouldn't have appreciated the pleasure of an evening at home like this!

Comments