A picture is worth.... $11.50?

Not much to write today.  Home cooking:


 Arroz con pollo.  Man, I love this stuff.  I could say I love it as a very very very close second to paella! I love paella.  But when the Food Pimp makes arroz con pollo, it's really almost as good as his paella, and cheaper too!







So, I have been roasting chicken so often, because it's easy and it's cheap.  This was a hispanic type of roast chicken with coriander and new mexico chili powder.  About 30 minutes before I pulled the chicken out of the oven, I threw in sliced onions and garlic.  Ten minutes before pulling it out (feel free to insert a dirty joke here), I put in chick peas and (frozen) green beans.  They just bathed in the chicken juices. Yum.  Chicken juice bath.  All the dogs in the neighborhood would be chasing me if I did that!
Black beans were simple.  Onion, garlic, coriander, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.  Then, I took the leftover polenta from the Newman's Own demo #2, and I diced it and fried it up like home fries.  I gotta say, it was a pretty good dinner.  Toot Toot!  (my own horn)

Comments