Hunt's

Here's some recent food pics.  All food that the FP has been making.  I can't remember the last time I made something at home!


Rigatoni and meatballs!  Yum.  Yeah, I know, he makes pasta with tomato sauce often.  But it's always exciting to me!  With ground beef, veal and pork of course.  The tomato sauce was actually the star of the show, though!



Caribbean beans and coconut chicken kind of deal.  You, know, the kind of stuff he's made before.


This was the fancy monkfish dish with smoked paprika and tomato sauce, thin sliced artichoke and heirloom tomato salad, and black rice.  Really really delish.  The fishmonger made a joke, he said, "poor man's lobster, eh?"  I said, I don't know what poor person could afford it now!  And then he tried to explain the origin of the nickname... we just weren't on the same wavelength.




Crepes with dulce de leche sauce and sea salt caramel ice cream.  I could eat this shit every single night!



This is what we had for dinner the other night.  The FP wanted me to go to Crown Wine & Spirits to get some beer.  So he suggested the Hunan Wok next to it that we have never tried.  I wanted to drink some beer or red wine, and the thought of eating chinese with it didn't seem right.  So, I thought, why not do some one stop shopping?  Sure, Hunan Wok would have been cheaper, but this was nice.  Some nice thin sliced speck, which is smoked proscuitto - love this shit.  Some Fromager D'affinois - rich creamy buttery cheese.  And Smilin Bob's Key West Smoked Fish Dip.  This fish dip is the shit.  I mean, I've had a lot of fish dip over the past six months, but this is by far the best of the best!  Man, what a memorable, yet quiet night, sitting on the lanai, eating our fancy platter, drinking wine and enjoying the moment.


You know, contrary to popular belief, there are a lot of good things about our move out here to SoFL....

Comments