leftovers

So Monday night we had leftovers. We saved the steaming liquid from the clams, boiled some buckwheat soba noodles, threw in the leftover mushrooms and mackerel and had soup. I love leftovers.

Tuesday night was a gourmet night - Wendy's. Delicious. Hah, just kidding. It was around 9:30pm, that time of night when everything's been sitting for an hour and a half. The fries were old, the burger was old, but I still ate it all - it's Wendy's.

Tonight, Top Chef. Who's getting kicked off. I could never be on that show.
1- I'm not a fast thinker.
2 - I'm not competitive enough (I am competitive, but I can't be balls out competitive.
3 - I'm not a chef (this season, they've upped the stakes, everyone's a chef or sous or something
4 - I'm not extroverted enough to be picked
5 - My skills are lacking
6 - I can't imagine staying in a "dorm" with a bunch of people I don't know. It would be hard to take shits at first, and I wouldn't survive long enough to get comfortable in that environment.
7 - I don't really like Padma, Tom wouldn't like me, and Gail is just scary.
8 - I would cry too much (I used to cry a lot all the time over any little thing. Now I don't really cry that much) Being on that show would make me cry again all the time
9 - I probably wouldn't look good on camera (not that they are all pretty, but you have to be a camera friendly face I'm guessing)
10 - my repetoire isn't very expansive (Oh, wait, that doesn't necessarily matter)
11 - If I did audition and get picked, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown and not make it to the first episode, or if I did, I'd have a freakout on camera like Pookie did in I Love New York. C'mon, don't act like you didn't watch I Love New York! That was some fine television programming.

They should have a Top Chef type show that functions more like a real restaurant. First it would have to be on HBO so you could curse. Then it would have to have rules that could be worked around or broken by favorites, and if someone slept with a judge and scored points, that would be admissible, and people would do drugs on camera before and after competitions and they would have orgies every night. I would definitely watch that show!

Comments