Not chronological

So I'm just going to write random recollections of what we have eaten.

I'll start with Saturday.
I went to Mitsuwa, and I got a bunch of stuff.

I got japanese sochu or soju, and we infused cucumbers in it. It's pretty strong, but it's good, and you can really taste the cucumber.

Then we made seaweed salad. We rehydrated some hijiki and another green seaweed, and we just tossed it with sesame oil and ponzu sauce.

We also made miso soup, with miso paste tofu, nori, udon noodles,those brown mushrooms - honjimeji or something. It's so easy, cook the udon, bring the water to a boil, add the paste, then add everything else and let it all simmer for a couple of minutes.

Then we fried up some saba mackerel. We were going to eat it raw, but it did't look too great when we opened the vacuum packs. But it was so good fried - the Food Pimp declared it his favorite fish! We basically ate about a third a pound of mackerel, which might not sound like a lot, but it's very rich. Then we sliced some nice yellowfin. The FP cooked rice, but he took it out too soon, so it was a little crunchy! Ha ha! I'm not the only one in the house that is ricecooking retarded! So he made some more for later, and that batch turned out.

So a little later, the FP surprised me with some simple tuna rolls. They were really delicious - I think we ate 4 or 5 rolls. So yeah, we gorged on Japanese food all day. We didn't really drink the soju though, because neither of us felt like drinking. We've both been kinda under the weather. I know, we ate all that food, right? But we almost consumed an entire tube of wasabi with it, to help clear our sinuses and chest congestion. Anyway, don't judge me....I'll eat or drink what I want when I want, no one's going to tell me what to eat or drink, unless I see a very provocative commercial, that is.

Okay, here's a picture. It looks like shit, but it was very delectable. That rice in the stainless steel bowl was the fucked up crunchy rice, btw.

Comments