Catchup

So... here's some random stuff ...



Chicken Parmesan.  I don't think I've ever made this at home. I made the marinara sauce & breaded the chicken.  I did not make the pasta or mozzarella, because that would have been too much work.






Roast chicken with canned black beans & pigeon peas, and rice.  I just gussied up the beans with onion, garlic, our neighbor's jalapeños, and it was delicious!  I have this issue with roast chicken.  I used to just throw chicken in the oven without thinking about it, and a couple hours later it was cooked and tasted pretty dern good.  Now, every time I try to roast chicken it's either underdone or dry.  And no, I don't currently have a thermometer that works.  TFP took our working digital thermometer to work, so I will never see that one again.









So, I can roast potatoes & pork pretty easily still.  As you can see in the final plating, I added the leftover black bean/pigeon pea combo, and some broccoli as well.  the broccoli made the whole dish healthy.  I also had some gravy that I had made for the chicken, so I added a healthy drizzle of that to the potatoes.
















We went to Breaux Bridge last month to do a dinner with Cane & Table.  Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of the food that we made.  I thought I took more photos of all the boudin that we ate too... but alas, I did not!  Hebert's was the first place we stopped, and we got  boudin & cracklins.  And both were really heart stoppingly delicious!





This is Dude, one of the residents at Maison Madeleine , where we did the dinner, where I didn't take any photos of the food.





Here are 2 more residents of Maison Madeleine - Annie & Vita.





Billy's was our last meal (breakfast of champions) on our way back to New Orleans.  We got boudin, smoked boudin & cheese stuffed boudin balls.  The boudin balls were really not amazeballs.  But the regular boudin & smoked were artery clogging happiness.  There was a line when we were there - everyone buying links & balls for breakfast.  But I think the real money maker was the captain's wafers.  I mean, it's only 5 cents a pack, so next thing you know, you've bought thirty cents worth & you didn't even realize it!!!! 😩















Here's a yard commode.  You don't want people just pooping on the lawn next to the dog poop!









Here is one of those Pinterest fails that you kinda see a little too often.   So, this person probably saw this post.  Which looks like a great idea!  But how do you water them ever day?!?  I know I have my fair share of Pinterest fails!





Here, I made buffalo chicken nuggets & fries, with celery & carrot sticks, & blue cheese sauce.  I believe this is a well balanced meal - meat or protein, veggies, dairy, grains (flour counts, right), and potato group!  I pulled out the T Fal fryer that we had purchased last summer for all those pop ups we did.  Let me tell you, it's definitely a much better cooking apparatus for home use, than for, say, serving fried chicken to about 250 people....










This is beef pepper pot with coconut rice & chickpeas.  I used chick peas instead of field peas (or pigeon peas) because I was at our local Whole Foods lite (I won't call it Whole Foods Express, because there are often checkout lines wrapped around the store like we are all making groceries for a hurricane), and they (the Whole Foods people it the "they" I am referring to) don't have pigeon peas, or field peas, there.  I also used organic tricolor carrots because they were also out of regular bunches of orange carrots.  I put a little pea greens salad on it instead of braised greens because I wanted something lighter.  Oh, and I didn't feel like cooking anything else.









Here is the toast that I burnt one day.  I started cleaning out the fridge and clearly forgot the bread was in there.  I had the oven on broil.  I didn't even notice the oven was on fire until the fire alarms went off.  This was a raging inferno in the oven already.  I didn't think I had enough salt to put it out.  Then I remembered that I had a fire extinguisher still in the box from several years ago.  Luckily it worked and I didn't burn down our house!










Here are lychees that I ordered.  This company doesn't deliver directly outside of Florida.  But I found the same company on Amazon.  From that website they will ship to anywhere in the states.  Try to keep me from getting my lychees willya!!!!






Comments